4 September 2020

Color My Heart Color Dare #410

Morning all

I am thrilled to announce that I have joined the Design Team of Color My Heart Color Dare, a weekly craft challenge. As the name suggests it’s a challenge all about colour (sorry had to revert to the UK spelling!!) but it has some fantastic twists so please do go check it out here

My first challenge as part of the DT is challenge #410 which calls for red, white and blue. 


All three colours must be used but you can also add in black, gold, silver and neutral colours. Neutrals are detailed in the rules section of the challenge blog but for reference here they are white, cream, black, grey, Kraft and brown(s).

So without further ado, here is my card:


When I first saw the theme for challenge #410 I was inspired by a tunic I recently purchased!! It’s funny where we get our ideas from but this tunic has a red and white pattern with a really striking blue embroidery on top. 

To create the background I took one of the smaller stamps from the Uniko Marvellous Mehndi set and stamped it randomly onto a red piece of card with versamark ink. I then sprinkled with WOW! brilliant white embossing powder and set with a heat gun. 
The rest of the stamps are from a set I received with a magazine subscription here in the UK but they are part of the Ranger Wendy Vecchi design range. I repeatedly stamped the herringbone in blue to create two longer pieces and attached to the red panel as shown. I then stamped two of the flowers in blue and coloured in using a slightly lighter blue alcohol marker. Using the same marker I created a light blue panel and stamped the sentiment on top in the darker blue ink. I attached both the fussy cut flowers and sentiment using foam pads.

So now that you’ve got this far, please do come join us and enter your red, white and blue card for challenge #410 at Color My Heart


Good luck!
Steph x





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that it looks like a wrapped gift with the flowers for a bow. Welcome again to the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love how you used the floral as a decorative bow on your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold red background! The blue loos like a ribbon with a flower bow! Love how you used our colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that herringbone pattern and the bold colours. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card, I too love the way it looks like a present with the flowers making it look like a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh this is super, what a lovely card. Never tried this challenge before so will need to give it a try, found you via the blog post on Craftworld, Hazel (Didos) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect use of the colors Steph! The flowers you stamped are so pretty but I must say the best part of this card is the sentiment! Well said on such a beautiful card. So happy to be on the team with you... Thank you for the warm welcome.

    ReplyDelete