1 April 2022

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #490

Good afternoon, 

Welcome to this week’s challenge at Colour My Heart Color Dare. Challenge #490 requires you to use browns plus one colour of your choice.

Again I found this a tough challenge because I don’t often reach for brown, but I do enjoy being pushed out of my comfort zone so here is my inspiration for you.


I do love a Kraft card base so that’s where I started. I dug out various scraps of brown card and patterned paper and played around until I was happy with a combination of three. As the scraps were long and thin in shape this sort of led me to using them as banners across the card front. Finally I die cut some decorative elements from brown, white and green card. To emphasise my one colour choice, I added a green button over a twine bow. I’m short of ‘New Home’ cards so that was the sentiment I dug out for this card. 

If you need more inspiration check out the fabulous makes by the rest of the Design Team over on the Color Dare blog. I cannot wait to see where you guys take this challenge! 


Much love
Steph



5 comments:

  1. I love the look you created with your browns and touch of green. So simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this card & the little touch of green. What a great design for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown is not a go-to colour for me, either, so I feel your struggle! You did a terrific job with this card - the clean lines and the cluster of images are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also don't usually reach for brown but you did a great job. I love the touch of green and I love your scraps made into a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card and colour choices Steph, love the different shades of brown and the touch of green. great design also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete