15 April 2022

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #492

Happy Easter everyone,  

This week’s Color My Heart Color Dare challenge #492 is a Tic, Tac, Toe board. All you have to do is choose a row, column or diagonal and make your paper project using those colours. Feel free to add in other colours from the board, but only those on the board, plus the free colours as listed. Don’t forget to let us know in you post which colours your used. 

We reference Close To My Heart colours but you can use any brand as long as it’s a VERY close match.

I thought this board was full of beautiful colours and they all compliment each other so nicely. I chose to use the bottom row of Lemonade, Mink (it’s subtle but it’s there!) and Avocado and I knew straight away what stamp I was going to use!

I made a very Spring looking card base from yellow card and added the dry embossed white layer on top. I stamped the Clearly Besotted Snowdrops main floral and the singular snowdrop head onto white card before colouring with green, grey and yellow alcohol markers. I die cut both and layered the single head onto the main floral using foam pads for dimension. I stamped the sentiment using the Uniko Spring Botanicals Daffodil set and die cut it into an oval followed by a larger oval of yellow card. Mother’s Day in the UK was back in March so you can see how far ahead I crafted this one! 

I hope you like the look of this week’s colour board and want to join in. Be sure to check out the amazing talent from the Design Team over at the Color My Heart Color Dare blog. And however you celebrate, I wish you a nice Easter break. 

This week I’d like to join in the fun with:

Happy Little Stampers April Anything Goes With Dies Challenge 

Taylormade Cards4U who have an ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with optional theme of ‘The Great Outdoors’.

Much love

Steph x





6 comments:

  1. Steph your card is beautiful! I love your colors and how it creates such a clean and crisp look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Steph, love the bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the snowdrops and the vibrant yellow, I know your Mum would have loved it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Steph.. popping over from HLS. i love the crisp brightness.. Beautiful.
    Just curious. You said started card base up... did you do that and work from there...??
    Or image first and bits around it???

    I start always with focal or folder if technique with folder or inky background.
    Base is mostly last. Maybe Im a back to front kid!! 😄

    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless your Easter time and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you chose, they really pop. The embossing really adds to the finish as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! Great to see you in the our gallery. Hope you will join the HLS Dies challenge this month too! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete