11 May 2024

Uniko Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Stencils and Stripes

Good morning all, 

My coloured card scraps contain a lot of strips of various thickness so I was looking for a good way to used these. I came across a lovely video by Jennifer McGuire so I created my Uniko Brand Ambassador cards using her method as inspiration.

So here I have laid down my strips of coloured card before attaching the Uniko Party Confetti stencil, taping along the top to create a hinge. I then inked each strip with an ink in a darker shade of the card, masking the strips of card above and below so as not to stray into the next strip. You could achieve a similar effect using a watermark ink like Versamark but I don’t think you would get the depth of colour as seen here. I added a die cut frame and sentiments from Uniko Mid Century Modern Birthday and Uniko Mid Century Modern Everyday Sentiments stamp sets.

I followed a similar technique for my next card but used white ink all over instead, which was obviously quicker to make! 


I think this could work well with a small snowflake stencil or stamp too. Both cards turned out well and surprisingly different despite using very similar techniques. Which is your favourite?

Much love
Steph x

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! Your patience on colouring and design is just wonderful Steph. My favourite? I was going to say the bright happy coloured card, but I like blue and the different shades are so lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had commented here Steph. What great designs and colours. Clever technique too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Faith, thanks for bringing this to my attention. My blog seems to have randomly put some previously approved comments into spam…🤷🏻‍♀️ x

      Delete