11 July 2020

The best laid plans...

Hmm, I’m sure many of us had plans for 2020 which did not include shielding from a worldwide pandemic! I decided to leave my part time job back in January with the intention of spending more time with my children and on my craft projects. That has been replaced by (very loosely termed) homeschooling, more washing and cleaning than I ever thought possible and the daily scratching of heads trying to decide what indeed is for lunch and dinner! So I certainly have fulfilled the 'spending more time with the children' part, a bit too well really! But whilst we have been 'staying home', all the home improvements you thought about but never got around to have really taken priority so my card making ends up running into the later hours of the day and night.

Anyway back to those best laid plans. One of mine was to have this blog up and running much sooner but hey, good things come to those who wait. So without further ado here’s my first card posted to my new blog. šŸ˜



For this card I have used an embossing folder and die that came with issue 177 of Papercraft Essentials magazine. I have brushed over the embossed leaves with some green chalk before attaching to the card front. The leaves have been cut using both the outline only and then outline and inner die to make the 'veins' of the leaves. Once stuck together I have attached the yellow and green leaf directly to the embossed card but I have lifted the burgundy leaf with foam pads. I then stamped and heat embossed the Concord & 9th sentiment before layering onto green and burgundy card and attaching to the card front using foam pads again.

Thanks once again for visiting the new site and I hope you will come back and visit again soon. Don't forget to 'follow' so you don't miss out on any posts. 

Love
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment