29 July 2020

Three in one!

Hi all

And welcome to my new followers! Old and new, you are all very much appreciated. 😊

So we have had a day filled with creatures today. On our daily walk I was able to catch a cricket to show the girls as they have never seen one before. Following on from this they went running through the long grasses and almost ran over a dead rat. Extremely gross! Not five minutes later we managed to disturb a group of pheasants. Then later on back at home we had a large bright green dragonfly in the house, twice! It must be Wildlife Wednesday!

Anyway back to the card making since that’s what you’re all here for 😁. Today I have managed to create a card which fulfils the requirements of three challenges! 




So I will be entering this into CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #381 which is where I got the design idea from.


I will also be entering into AAA cards challenge #170 which is calling for maxi white space.


And finally I will be entering into Less Is More challenge #424 who are looking for a one layer card with a Christmas theme. Phew!


Since this is a one layer card I made the A6 card blank from smooth stamping card. I usually buy ready made card bases but they aren’t good enough to stamp on to directly. I stamped my poinsettia (magazine free stamp set) and sentiment (Clearly Besotted Layered Wreath stamp set) onto the card and then embossed the lines above and below the sentiment with my Fiskars paper trimmer, using the scoring blade. Finally I coloured in the flower using Tonic Nuvo alcohol markers.

Don’t forget that I currently have a giveaway running for anyone who follows my blog, it’s as easy as that! Three prize winners will be picked at random on 11th Aug. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Steph x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful holiday card and great take on the sketch.Love this! Thanks so much for participating in this challenge at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So striking and I love the white space! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely that is Maxiwhite space, perfect for our challenge with the "flower". Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poinsettia! I love the subtle embossed stripes. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS one layer card! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous CAS creation & design, such a great choice to add some embossed lines too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch! Beautifully clean and simple. The poinsettia and subtle embossing are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete