3 August 2020

Dance on the table!

Afternoon all

A fairly quiet morning this morning as Daddy took the girls out to a poultry farm. During lockdown we have bred eight chickens from egg stage but two were definitely cockerels so they had to go live somewhere else because we don’t want to upset the neighbours! We still aren’t sure if the remaining six are hens or not yet so we will have to let them grow a bit more and find out.

Today’s card uses the fabulous Uniko’s Background Builders Arts Decoratifs stamp set. I’m loving the current Deco trends. I’m in the process of Deco-ing our main bedroom with new bedding, wallpaper and dark blue paint. 


Firstly I lined up and stamped the border stamp on to a piece of white card slightly smaller than the A6 card front. I mat this onto black card and coloured every other image with gold Nuvo marker. Next I cut a piece of black card to fit inside the stamped frame and mat a slightly smaller piece of white card on top. On this white card I stamped just one of the border images in each corner by masking the rest of the border as I inked the stamp. Remove the mask and then stamp! I stamped further Deco images and the sentiment from Uniko’s Anniversaire Art Decoratifs stamp set. I coloured all the images on this panel with the gold Nuvo pen and added black enamel dots to the corners of the sentiment. I added the smaller panel to the card front using foam pads to give it some height. 

As it’s my mother in law’s birthday tomorrow this card has been sent to her already. It’s also my birthday tomorrow and since we won’t be going anywhere due to the Covid situation I may well drink champagne and dance on the table!!

With the ‘dance’ theme I thought this card would be a good one to enter into the current challenge over at Time Out Challenges


Catch up soon!
Steph x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous classy looking card, if Deco is a current trend then I'm out of touch! Hope you have a lovely birthday tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. Love your sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out. Hope you have a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super use of that stamset! A stunning and so festive card you made! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Happy belated birthday ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, haven't even started on my birthday celebrations and already making a hash of trying to comment! Love your cards, looking forward to seeing more and hearing about the chickens

    ReplyDelete