18 September 2020

Color My Heart Color Dare #412

Morning all

Here we are back again with another fabulous challenge from Color My Heart Color Dare, challenge #412. The colours for this challenge scream autumn and with the weather turning colder in the UK I’m sure there will be no lack of inspiration outside your window! 


I decided to combine my colours with a very important birthday card for my niece who turned 18 in early September. 


I had the Gemini die set lying around on my craft table and thought it would make a perfect 18th birthday card. To make it a little more special I took advantage of the option to use gold card and I made it into a shaker card. 

I started off by cutting the glass outline from gold glitter card and added a piece of acetate to the back. I followed the outline of the aperture and placed foam pads all around with no gaps. I then cut a sundance card inner to be the liquid in the glass and added a slightly larger piece of French vanilla card to be the backing of the shaker element. Before sealing to the foam pads I added some gold and canary coloured flower sequins into the shaker.

It took me a while to decide what colour to make the main background but since I’m having a bit of a Deco phase the black just stood out better than the rest but to tone it down a little I layered it onto sundance card. 

I cut the fruit wedges from the various colours of card available to the challenge and added them to the glass and card front before cutting the sentiment from gold and black, offset layering and adding across the stem of the glass.

Please do pop over to the challenge and see the rest of the design teams wonderful work and hopefully be inspired to join in. 😁

Much love

Steph xchallenge

11 comments:

  1. What a fun card and fun way to celebrate a milestone birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! This is a fantastic birthday celebration card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shaker card for welcoming in a new year...fun and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is super, what a great make for your niece. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super 18th Birthday card!
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all cards for 2020 need to have cocktails on them!! Beautiful for an 18th. Love the shaker drink and all that bling. So pretty. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this birthday card! Its nice to see non-Halloween cards made with typical Halloween colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this card and wanted to CASE it right away. But I didn't want to copy you... So I think I will stash this idea away for another day.. In other words I love this card. Great inspiration teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great "think outside the Halloween/Fall box" card! Hope your niece loved it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete