19 September 2020

Summer or Autumn?

Evening all

For those of you based in the UK I’m sure you can relate to my pondering of whether it is still summer or are we now hitting Autumn early? We’ve had some lovely hot sunny days this week but the mornings and evenings are cold and the leaves are falling off the trees in abundance. 

I’m enjoying the autumnal colour challenges and the colour scheme for this card came from CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #388.

For this card I have die cut and layered many pieces of the top of the Gemini tree die (see right of photo) in the green colours specified by the challenge to make an autumnal wreath. I backed the wreath with a suitably coloured patterned paper and stamped the sentiment directly onto it with Lawn Fawn ink.

Whilst I was making this card I remembered that the current Twofer Card Challenge theme is trees so I created a second card using the same die.

This time I just cut two trees (thankfully!) and offset them before attaching to a piece of autumn leaf card that I have up cycled from a monthly snack delivery pack. I added two offset chairs below the tree and this time I was able to add another colour since I’m not entering this one into the same colour challenge. I didn’t add a sentiment to this card as I didn’t feel it needed it, but of course one could be added later if necessary.

Here’s a shot of the two cards together as required for the Twofer challenge #31

And last but definitely not least, Uniko have just published their latest challenge #61 and it’s a lovely ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with an optional twist of ‘Thanks’ which helped me select the sentiment for the first card!



Thanks for visiting.

Love Steph x

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous twofers ! Love the autumnal colours and the beautiful wreath you’ve made. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You worked your fingers to the bone making that fabulous wreath with the tree branches, Steph! It's amazing! And I love your autumn design with the pretty leaves and the offset die cut tree and comfy-looking chair! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #31! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you've captured the "trees" prompt perfectly with these two lovely cards. Your thank you card, with that incredible wreath is absolutely stunning. You've inspired me to look at my tree dies and see if I can create something as cool as your wreath. It's simply fantastic! And your second card shows that tree in all its Fall glory. I think this would make a lovely 'hello' card now that it's officially Fall! Love the upcycling, too. Thank yo for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on the colors on your beautiful wreath! Stunning! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echoing the others: your cards are gorgeous! Love the fall palette and the wreath...so much fabulous dimension! Thanks so much for joining us at Uniko!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete