13 November 2020

Color My Heart Color Dare #420

Morning all

I hope everyone is well and doing ok during Lockdown 2.0 (UK). Remember that crafting can be very therapeutic so do what you can to get through this second phase of lockdown. Unfortunately my crafting has taken a backseat as we decided not to send the children back to school after half term. My days are full of teaching phonics, math and history! 

But on to today...

We are back again with a new Color My Heart Color Dare and this week it is shades of ... orange!


I’m not going to lie, this wasn’t the easiest colour challenge for me! Orange doesn’t feature much in my cards. I don’t have anything against the colour orange, I just don’t seem to reach for it too often!

So I dug out the orange card and got die cutting and layering up. I gave it a background of grey as it needed grounding by a darker neutral colour!

The sentiment is stacked up to stand out better but the rest of the layering is flat. Unusually for me there is no stamping involved but I find myself going through these phases where I focus on one card making method more than another for a while.

So do please check out the rest of the design teams amazing makes and join us with the (tricky for me!) orange challenge #420. I can’t wait to see what you come up with. 

Edit: My CMHCD team mate Suzanne has convinced me to enter her wonderfully unique Double Trouble Challenge #70 which requests a stitched element such as my circles. ☺️

Much love

Steph x

9 comments:

  1. I love that you have the circle of orange, it makes it look like a sunset. Great job, orange is hard for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bold card with the shades of orange against the black background. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vocal point using the combination of frames for a kitty scene, and really pops against your background. Hey, I notice you have stitching, would love you to check out my Double Trouble Challenge "Let's Stitch It Up" and enter Thing 1 Challenge since you met that requirement, and also check back for our future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this card! The scene you created using oranges is amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out! I love how you were able to vary the layers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! The oranges with the dark grey is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use shades of orange, Steph! The gray background is a perfect color to let the oranges show their stuff! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your orange card. Scene cards are always my favorite! So add my fav color and this makes a wonderful card. I love how you used orange for depth.. very creative teamie!!!

    ReplyDelete