22 January 2021

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #428

Good morning lovely people!

Let’s get straight into another great challenge from Color My Heart Color Dare, challenge #428. Here’s the colour instruction grid:

I don’t know about you but when I first set eyes on this challenge I was a bit worried!! Just one colour?!!!! But which one?! 

Well just like my last card I knew I needed to make a masculine birthday card and I recently bought some brilliant record player dies from Sugar Pea Designs so my chosen neutral was going to be black for the records, my metallic was silver for the record player arm and that just left me searching for the colour. I chose blue as I think it goes well with black and silver but also because this bright blue is one of my favourite colours to craft with. 

I made my card blank from black card and layered the bright blue on top after I had stencilled the equaliser image using Versamark ink and Uniko’s Equaliser stencil. I die cut the various parts of the records, arms and notes from black, white and silver mirror card before assembling and arranging on the blue panel. I stamped the sentiment in blue using Uniko’s Simply Said Birthday stamp set, die cut into a circle and layered onto a slightly larger black circle. 

So sticking to one colour wasn’t as daunting as I had first thought and I was able to get depth to my project using the Versamark ink, which is clear, so not really breaking any rules! 

Pop on over to the Color My Heart Color Dare blog and check out all the wonderful creations from the rest of the Design Team and of course, join in the fun!

One of our regular challenge partners has a music theme as part of their current challenge which is perfect to enter my card! Head over to Double Trouble Challenge #75 and check it out! 

Much love

Steph x

13 comments:

  1. Love your record player card. The silver makes the metal look alive and the blue is the perfect accompaniment to it. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! It is so fun and love the background stencil as it adds just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card for music lovers... fun card. I can see it in gal colors too. And at Double Trouble we have our Thing 1 theme as "music", would love you to join us there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I love your masculine card. The blue and black go so well together and the silver for the arm of the player is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the records. Great card for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of just one color, love the record theme! Glad you joined us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blue and the stencil was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card...it made me very nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea for a music lover - those record players are great! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm rocking out with card! The stenciled background is fantastic and those records fit perfectly. Great job teamie!

    ReplyDelete