5 January 2021

First card of 2021!

Good evening all

Happy New Year! And welcome to Lockdown 3.0 in the UK. This has made very little difference in this household as we didn’t send the children back to school and have been homeschooling since October half term...pass me the gin/wine/anything alcoholic to get me through!! 

I left Daddy in charge of the schoolwork this afternoon and I snook off to the craft room to make this card.


I was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch and I’m also entering it into AAA Birthday challenge #21 as their requirement is a stencil background. 


There was lots of masking going on with the background in order to achieve the diagonals. I used the Cloudy Days stencil from Clearly Besotted for the background and Distress Oxides in Blueprint Sketch, Broken China and Peacock Feathers. The umbrellas are also from CB stamp set April Showers and I added the two larger ones with foam pads. Sticking with CB for the sentiment I used the Full of Sentiment set and cut out using Stampin Up! Classic Label punch. 

I’m also messing around with new background styles for my photos so you might see a few different things popping up as I try and settle on one I’m happy with. This is pretty much an annual itch I get and change the style each January! 

Thanks for visiting today,

Steph x

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really like the soft inked background and those umbrellas are so very cute. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour choices, fabulous CAS make, just wish we had skies like this at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those colours are so striking. Fabulous stencilling. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love your ink blending and color combo

    ReplyDelete