7 April 2021

The Male Room Challenge #149

Hi everyone 

Thanks for joining me today and checking out the new challenge over at The Male Room. Challenge #149 is wood.

I do think a masculine card and a wood theme go hand in hand and I was a little spoilt for choice when I was trying to decide what to make. Initially I was looking towards a wood effect background stamp then I remembered I had a wood grain embossing folder too. I also have a fair few woodland themed stamps and papers so it took me a while to choose a direction! But here it is:

As you can see, the wood grain embossing folder won out! I inked the folder before running a light grey card through it so it gave the slightly darker grey grain. Think silver birch!

I’m constantly thinking ahead to what cards I need to make so I decided to make this into an anniversary card for my husband but as you can see our anniversary isn’t until July. However, July is a particularly busy month for birthdays, anniversaries and carnivals (I’m treasurer for our local carnival event) so I definitely have to get myself well ahead of the game. 

I die cut the heart into the embossed card (I then ran it through the folder again as it had lost some depth) and I stamped the initials, heart arrow and month onto a piece of grey card behind the heart aperture. I layered this onto red card to give a pop of colour and did the same with my sentiment strip which was stamped and die cut using Clearly Besotted products. 

So, how will you interpret the wood theme? Pop over the the blog to see how the rest of the Design Team took on the challenge and leave them some love.

*** Important Note *** Please remember to add the challenge graphic and link back to the challenge on your blog post. We are unable to consider your project for a win or honourable mention if you don’t do this. 

Much love

Steph


5 comments:

  1. Great card and i'm sure he'll love getting it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card! Wood, gray and red are a wonderful combination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wood embossing, great take on the challenge and a perfect masculine card. Happy Anniversary, (I'm sure to forget!) I love teh red and grey too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful "wood" scene you made :-)) I like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome wood card! I struggled a bit with that theme....Thanks for having me as your GDT!

    ReplyDelete