2 April 2021

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #438

Good morning everyone 

As I write this post (at the back end of February) I am really wondering what changes may have occurred by the time this post goes live! Here in the UK we are in a third lockdown but with no specific dates given for the end of this one I sit here and wonder. 

What is for sure is that the Easter bunny will be visiting this weekend and plenty of chocolate will be eaten! And that leads us nicely onto this weeks Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #438 and a lovely Spring/Easter inspiration photo.


Just look at those beautiful tulips. I do love a tulip so I used those as my inspiration and a very nicely timed embossing folder from Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine helped a great deal.


I ran a piece of white paper through the embossing folder before highlighting the pattern by gently rubbing a pink ink pad over the surface. The centre of the folder is a blank circle so I die cut a pink circle to match the pink ink. The magazine set did come with stamps and dies but I decided to use a sentiment from the Uniko Spring Botanicals Daffodil set. I used the Clearly Besotted With Love stamps for the tulips in the vase. I mounted the panel onto yellow patterned paper and added a green ribbon to cover the join. I felt it needed a little something more so I added some yellow enamel dots to the centre. 

I hope you feel inspired to join in the challenge. Head over to the blog and leave some love for the rest of the Design Team. 

Much love

Steph x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colors and how you used them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great match of colors to the inspiration page... love your little bouquet against the patterned background... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tulips!! The tulips are perfect for mother's day! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright, cheery card! Love the vase with tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - love that flower background and the combo of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the background on this vibrant and beautiful card, Love the tulips too, must get mine out before their out of season hahaha.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organised to be doing Mothers Day cards so early. Lovely flowers, and a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete