1 September 2021

The Male Room Challenge #154

Morning all

Welcome to a new challenge from The Male Room. Challenge #154 has the theme ‘Natures Bounty’.


I struggled a bit with this theme. I think I was overthinking it but I just couldn’t get my head around what it meant! In the end I went with something produced by nature...honey!
 
This is a gift card holder where the outer sleeve is the beehive and the gift card holder is the honeycomb that lifts out.



I used Uniko stamp set Bee Happy which I’ve been struggling to get inspiration for but I think it was perfect for this project! The bees on the yellow card were stamped, heat embossed and masked before I stamped and heat embossed the honeycomb. I know the hexagons don’t line up perfectly but it wasn’t that easy to do!! I then coloured the bee wings with a white gel pen.

The sleeve was created from cream card before I added the wood effect panels. The wood effect was stamped on using Stampin Up! Hardwood stamp and Momento ink in Toffee Crunch. The bees on this layer are heat embossed onto yellow card and fussy cut before adhering the body only and lifting the wings for dimension. 

I’d love to see how you interpret the theme so I do hope you’ll join in the challenge fun! Pop over to The Male Room blog and check out the rest of the Design Team’s terrific creations as well as our Guest Designer for the month.


Thanks for stopping by.
Steph x


2 comments:

  1. Great take on the Nature's bounty theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your take on the subject Steph. Fabulous make.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete