7 January 2022

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #478

Hi everyone, 

Welcome to this week’s Color My Heart Color Dare challenge #478. This week we have a colour theme which includes neutrals and just ONE other colour. Gold and silver can be added too but do not count as either your neutral or your colour choice.

For my neutrals I chose Kraft card (box), dark brown (coffee beans) and white and for my one colour I used burgundy. I needed to make a gift box for a gift card present to a well known coffee shop (can you guess which one?!). 


First I wrapped my ready made box with burgundy card and secured in place. I then used a coffee bean stencil and dark brown ink to create the pattern at the bottom. I heat embossed the coffee cup in white before cutting out. The lid is die cut along with the ‘steam’ swirls. This was a quick make as I didn’t have a great deal of time but I’m pleased with the result and under daylight it’s a much better colour match to the coffee brand than this photo seems to show.

Head over to the Color My Heart Color Dare blog to check out the other Design Team makes and to join in the fun. Be sure to let your friends know about our challenge too.

Also, I note that we have not yet had any entries into challenge #477 which is such a shame as the inspiration photo is so beautiful. Will you be inspired to create something as lovely as the photo? 




Much love
Steph x





6 comments:

  1. Love the gift box! This is perfect for a coffee gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super make Steph and a great idea.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for a coffee loving friend! I love the white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with Kraft, and love the mix of burgundy with it... pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burgundy looks great with the neutrals. Love a coffee card.

    ReplyDelete