22 July 2020

Uniko Challenge #60


Evening all

So following on from my last post, the run did indeed do me in and was followed later in the day by a long walk at the request of the children. Suffice to say my legs were aching today but another walk we went! And tomorrow I get to get up early and run again...oh joy! 😂


I’ve spent the afternoon making this card for my Mum’s birthday in August. My inspiration was the current Uniko challenge which has the theme ‘In my garden’.


In my mind this card started out much simpler but as I was creating it I just kept adding to it, partly because I’m trying to push myself out of my very CAS (clean and simple) style!

So firstly I stamped the small butterflies from Uniko’s English Country Garden - Butterflies set (appropriate given the theme I thought!) in light grey. Then I created a mask for the large flower in the Uniko Hello Lovely stamp set and used this to stamp just the top part, again in light grey. Once stamped I fussy cut the images, or rather I got my scan n cut to do it, and set about colouring them in. 

My first variation from my original design was to emboss straight lines into the white card with the circle aperture.


I then also decided that the aperture needed a black frame so I cut one to sit inside the circle previously cut and adhered both directly to the card front. Following this I adhered the flowers with foam pads and the butterflies with wet glue. I finished off with the sentiment, also a Uniko one, heat embossed in white onto black card and in another variation I decided to back it with gold glitter card to make it extra special. This is then adhered with foam pads.

Hopefully you like it! I haven’t spent quite so long on a card in a while, mainly because I was adding to it constantly! 

See you again soon!
Steph x

2 comments:

  1. Glorious! And such a fabulous combo of Uniko stamps too.Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black frame framing the colourful blooms and the butterflies dancing around.
    Thanks for sharing at Uniko.:)

    ReplyDelete