17 July 2020

Well I did it...

...I’ve been having a long standing debate with myself over whether to buy a light box for my photographs or not. I’ve read so many posts about how to get the right lighting, perspective etc but in the end nothing was getting enough light in the right places for my liking. So I took the plunge and bought a light box and I have to say I’m not disappointed. I want to look at changing my background but for now what I have does the job and the extra light from the light box has made an improvement, or at least a consistency. 


For the above mountain fold card I have used a lovely stamp set from Creative Stamping Issue 72 teamed with sentiments from Clearly Besotted 'Say What?'. I found some seaside papers from an old issue of Quick Cards magazine, which is sadly no longer published, and layered them onto dark coral card. The measurements for the base card are 28cm by 15cm with mountain folds at 4cm and 18cm on the long side and a valley fold at 8cm. I have fussy cut the images and coloured them with Tonic Nuvo alcohol markers. The sentiment is stamped in memento morocco ink to coordinate with the card stock. 

Time Out Challenges have a current theme of 'Peaceful' and I find being by the sea very peaceful. I love to watch the waves roll in and out. 

Thanks for visiting today. :-)
Steph x


3 comments:

  1. Just popped over from CraftWorld ... love your peaceful seaside scene ... I really must get to grips with my light box before Summer disappears! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph. Not too tricky to use and I do think my photos are better! X

      Delete
  2. The beach is such a relaxing place - I can definitely see how you were inspired for our challenge :) I love the creativity of your design - with the "sea" being on the bottom flap - so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete