19 August 2020

Back to Christmas!

Hi again! 

Well I thought I’d better crack on with some Christmas cards because once September hits the year seems to evaporate and before you realise it you should have written and posted those cards (at great expense!). What I tend to do each year is make a variety of cards some of which I like to be one layer for postal purposes.

These cards were made so easy because of the fabulous stamp design from Woodware. It is called Peaceful Night and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! I also bought the Nutcracker stamp but more on that another day. 😉


I wanted a really nice dark card blank so I made my own from heavyweight dark blue card stock. These are slightly narrower than DL size because I wanted to get two out of one piece of A4 card.

I heat embossed the stamp and sentiment with WOW! gold embossing powder and painted it with Gansai Tambi Starry Colors metallic watercolour paints. Now I have to remember to make the envelopes!

I’ve just had a google of Christmas card challenges and two popped up that I have not previously entered so I will be entering and supporting these challenges as follows: 

The Holly and the Ivy Christmas challenge number 77

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge number 503

Thanks for visiting ☺️

Steph


1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful festive stamp really brought to life by your metallic watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete