6 August 2020

Happy 7th birthday Male Room Craft Challenge!

Morning all

So August is also a birthday month for The Male Room Craft Challenge. I’m helping them celebrate their 7th birthday with this male themed card. 


Here I have used the stamp set that came with issue 82 of Creative Stamping and coloured the images with Tonic Nuvo alcohol markers.
I fussy cut the images by hand although I do have a Scan n Cut sometimes I like to do a little fussy cutting, especially if the images are easy to cut. 
Now the tricky bit for this card was to die cut the circles and ovals onto the patterned paper but then get the smaller dies to line up and cut the plain card below. That was a bit of a faff and is clearly why I prefer CAS!! šŸ˜‚
Finally I added the sentiment using a white oval with inked edges. I have lifted all the images with foam pads but I have doubled up the height for the main images of boots and camera. 

This card really sums up our day yesterday. In my wisdom (!) I decided to take the children on a nice long walk. One we hadn’t done before through the woods and fields around our village. And we got lost!!! It’s actually surprisingly easy to wander off the path in the middle of a field. šŸ¤¦šŸ»‍♀️
But we didn’t panic, we sat down and had a picnic instead. šŸ˜‚ 
And after some sustenance I decided the best route was to climb though some tangled fencing, brambles and nettles and find our way back to the original path...and call it an ‘adventure’. This seemed to go down alright with the children!

Hmm I wonder what mischief we can get up to today...

Thanks for stopping by.
Steph x

5 comments:

  1. Great card to match your walking adventure story! Colours co-ordinate so well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely birthday card! Great colour choice. Good job not panicking when you got lost - having a picnic instead is a good idea, and calling it an adventure is a perfect approach to keep the children happy. I'm glad you got un-lost again and were able to enter this lovely card inspired by the adventure into our challenge! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card. i like hiking boots, nice stamp. Thank you for joining us in The Male Room Challenge. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful birthday card :-)) Thanks for joining us at Celebration at The Male Room challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - love the coordinating background.

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete