16 April 2021

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #440

Good morning everyone 

Today we have a great challenge from Color My Heart Color Dare called Crazy 8! Since there’s more than 8 of us on the Design Team I don’t think it’s referring to us!! 😂

The idea behind challenge #440 is to select at least 4 of the eight blocks shown and they aren’t all colour based so you can do a bit of mixing it up!


As always we reference Close to My Heart colour names but you can use any brand as long as it’s a very close match.

For my card I chose the florals, Glacier, New England Ivy and Sundance (with a little bit of Peach thrown in at the end!).


As I haven’t done a slimline card in a while I decided it was time and I already had the florals stamped and heat embossed with clear powder from another project I had been working on. I have recently treated myself to some Spectrum Noir Triblend markers so I tried them out my flowers and was happy with how they work. I then fussy cut the flowers (I’m one of those strange people who quite likes fussy cutting!) and decided on my arrangement. I wanted to bring my main three colours into the card as much as possible so I used all three for card layers. I already had the sentiment stamped (again from a previous project) and as I’m trying to use up my ‘overflow’ bits and pieces I decided it would be perfect for this card. Finally I added some sequins, which is not like me at all but I seem to be more and more drawn to embellishments these days. 
There’s a fair few stamp sets used for this card so it seemed easier to list them:
Altenew Dahlia Blossoms
Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 162
Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 178
Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 204
Creative Stamping Issue 81
Lisa Horton Crafts Festive Flora and Fauna
Hero Arts Calla Lily (sentiment)

Phew! That’s a fair few stamp sets!

So hopefully you’ve all been inspired to join in and you like the style of this week’s challenge. Pop over to the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #440 and see what goodness the rest of the Design Team came up with.

Much love

Steph x

5 comments:

  1. So much fussy cutting (I'm not a fussy-cutting-lover)... but your card looks amazing, it was worth all that fussy cutting and I think Slimline cards are very on trend at the moment!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put all those stamp sets together masterfully. One thing I did notice is your accuracy. I don't think I see a skewed line on this entire design. It is perfect and just plain beautiful. Love it teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and design Steph, LOVE the flowers and how you have arranged them, a beautiful card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steff, love your slimline, great job on your distribution of your beautiful flowers and combination of colors... beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the slimline! I love the combination of flower you used.

    ReplyDelete