14 July 2021

Christmas Craft Creations July Challenge

Hi all,

How about an ‘Anything Goes’ theme for this month’s Christmas Craft Creations challenge?

I actually found this theme quite hard to decide what to do, turns out I like a narrowed down theme!!

I eventually decided to have a go at a technique I have recently seen demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire, Reverse Impression Die Cutting.

So I inked up the back of my snowflake die and ran it through the big shot machine with the die embossing mat. This created the teal colour and a debossed effect on the white card. I then die cut the snowflake from white and pink glitter card and adhered over the debossed image. I added some Wink if Stella to the white snowflake for a subtle glimmer. I cut the ‘JOY’ letters from pink glitter card and adhered below the snowflake. Finally I stuck the panel to the card front using foam tape.

This technique definitely needs practice and on my first attempt I managed to get ink all over the white panel so I cut out the debossed section, adhered to pick card and carried on to make the card below!


I continued on to a third card similar to the second whereby I cut out the debossed image and layered onto blue card. I cut the ‘noel’ from the blue card before adhering onto the card front.

I will continue to practice this technique I think as I would like to try different colours and die shapes, but it is limited in that you need symmetrical dies and ones with a full metal back will work better.

So now it’s over to you! Go and create something Christmas themed and don’t forget to add the Christmas Craft Creations graphic and link back in your blog post. 

Head over to the Christmas Craft Creations blog for more inspiration and leave some nice words for the fabulous Design Team. 

Much love

Steph x




2 comments:

  1. Sounds intricate Steph, but what wonderful results you have achieved. Love your cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card set is awesome!! I just love snowflakes. Great design!

    ReplyDelete