2 November 2022

The Male Room Challenge #168

 Hello everyone, 

The theme this month for The Male Room challenge is to include a pop up element.


Oh gosh, I think I rather overthought this make and decided to try and make pop up weaved element. It was a nightmare!! I strongly advise avoiding trying to recreate this card and I am in awe of anyone who can just make one of these up with ease! 


So my pop up element is meant to be a bauble and would probably benefit from a hanging element but by the time I got to this stage I’d had enough. This was my third attempt to get the mechanism to work. Safe to say I’ll not be making anymore of these! 

Here’s a closer look at the pop up.


I left the outside of the card simple so that all the surprise is in the opening of the card. 


I did however get to play with my foiling machine for the sentiment on this card so it’s not all bad! This sentiment uses the ‘waste’ part of the foil as I have a solid plate which transferred this to the card and I was able to die cut it with the sentiment outline die. 

Now we want to see your creations with their pop-up elements over at The Male Room challenge. Please head over to the blog and give the rest of the Design Team some love. Join in the challenge and show me how it’s done! I need to see some inspiration for next time I come across a pop-up challenge as I can’t attempt this one again!! 😂


Much love
Steph x











1 comment:

  1. This is a very clever card Steph, beautiful too. I can understand why you say you wouldn't make another, but it gets easier the second time around - so they say?

    ReplyDelete